Yesterday’s Eater news of the installation Danyelle “Restaurant Girl” Freeman as the Daily News’ new restaurant critic unleashed a torrent of snarky hostility on the site’s message boards. Sadly, the comments were infinitely more entertaining than anything the victuals vixen is likely to write in the paper. A few choice selections are after the jump.
• “These are END TIMES for the written word, informed criticism and Western Civilization, and I am not at all exaggerating.”
• “She is so hot it doesn’t matter if she can write.”
• “If by ‘hot’ you mean ‘looks like every woman at a Yonkers or Staten Island strip mall’ sort of way, then ok.”
• “Harvard outght [sic] to sue this chick for telling anyone she went there.”
• “First of all, anyone who relies on a 50-cent tabloid for their restaurant guidance doesn’t know any better.”
Exclusive: Daily News Installs Restaurant Girl as New Restaurant Critic [Eater]