Last week, we took a peek at the history behind Father’s Day and shared some special promotions (if you missed it, you can check it out here). Since the big day is coming up this weekend, here are a couple more enticing offers for your perusal. As always, check Open Table for a complete list.
• Morton’s, The Steakhouse: Let him eat steak. The classic chophouse is sure to have plenty of paternal, masculine, juicy offerings.
• Garcon: The Mission French standby will provide several specials in addition to its regular menu.
• The Terrace at the Ritz-Carlton: A brunch buffet and barbeque will grace the grounds of the Ritz from 11am to 3pm. Also there: a jazz trio and a small army of gourmet microbrews. It’s not everyday you get beer and BBQ at the Ritz, you know.
• bushi-tei: $65 nets you an amazing prix-fixe dinner that includes seared bonito with tomato fondue, Wagyu cheek bourguignon with herb spatzle gratin, and fresh cherry tartellete with caramel cream.
• Triptych: Free beignets for all fathers!
• Bella: The Richmond trattoria will offer a special brunch from 12pm to 3pm and then a dinner with “an abodanza of meat to satisfy Dad’s carnivorous palate”
[Photo courtesy: Grand Valley State University]