A very musical weekend lies on the horizon. Here’s a small, small sampling:
• It’s Karnaval time at Bissap Baobab , which means bossa nova band Crying High will be playing from 3pm-5pm on Saturday, followed by a cornucopia gypsy bands and West African troupes.
• At Cafe Claude’s Jazz Night, Marcus Shelby performs tonight, followed by a full weekend of jazzy fun.
• Because San Francisco is honky-tonk central, enjoy an evening of bluegrass fun with Jennie and Chuck’s Country Round Up at Atlas Cafe.
• Hotel Utah Saloon’s Hellraiser Happy Hour is tonight, followed by tomorrow night’s New Arrivals CD Release Show ($12). Even money on which one is more frightening.
• And of course, if you haven’t heard, it’s San Francisco Carnaval 2007 at Harrison Street between 16th & 24th.