• It’s almost Cinco de Mayo—time for the inevitable feature on hot peppers.
• If you want to see a ruckus in Philly, feel free to stop by dollar hot dog night at Citizens Bank Park.
• Head down to Old City for a $2 peanut butter cup.
• The ancient secrets of making a superior stock.
• Old-school Chinatown standby Cherry Street Vegetarian is no more.
• Get sloshed with a Kentucky Derby-themed alcoholic milkshake.
• Try an American take on Belgian mussels at Eulogy.
[Photo of moules DiPietro at Eulogy Belgian Tavern via Michael Bryant/Philadelphia Inquirer]