Here’s what you missed this weekend while you avoided eye contact with monkeys apes.
• Fruity cocktails are now considered health food. This can only be considered good news for many drinkers. [Playfuls]
• The governor of Oregon will live on a food stamp diet while the governor of California will continue to feed on a steady diet of puny Sacramento lawmakers and other “girly-men.” [CBS News]
• A Merced slaughterhouse took the blame for the E. coli-infested hamburger patties that sickened little kids in Calistoga and St. Helena. [SFGate]
• Lobster is the new unicorn. [NY Post]
• Chris Cosentino lost to Mario Batali in Battle Garlic. Much more on this later. [Chowhound]