This week in read-it-and-eat news, stomach-filling walks through midtown and the UWS; where to find the best wieners; and smoky drinks.
• Ed Levine sniffs out a couple dozen reasonably priced keeper restaurants on the UWS. [Ed Levine Eats]
• An eatery-focused stroll down East 58th Street. [NYT]
• The city’s most savory hot dogs, including a prodigious Brooklyn pup. [NYS]
• Salted caramel: no longer just for French tots. [NYT]
• Smoky the Beer? Drafts, wines, and spirits with hints of smoke. [TONY]
• Manhattan User’s Guide serves cheese and bread primers. [MUG]