Papa's faux Yelps are better than the real thing.
Bauer will know now to look for this tag and give such places one star for atmosphere.
N.W. Smith trolls the dark corners of town where no Yelper has dared go.
After she pushes him too far, Nakano ultimately tells her to fuck off.
• In response to charges that the program acted as extortion, Yelp eliminated advertiser's ability to choose a "favorite review" to be highlighted. [Business Insider] • The saddest cookbook ever: Microwave Cooking for One. [SFoodie] • A number of people...
• Anderson Valley Brewing Company, the makers of Boont Amber, has been sold. [Bottoms Up] • Japanese burritos sort of look like Mission burritos. [Mission Mission] • Picoso Taqueria in Berkeley sells artisanal jello molds. [SFist] • Four finalists in...
• For the next month, Ame is serving a special Japanese delicacy: hirezake, which is hot sake steeped in blowfish fin. It's $15 for six ounces. (And we suppose that doesn't count as an infusion?) [Zagat Buzz] • How to...
• Two firms bring a new class action lawsuit against Yelp this week in SoCal, charging that the site extorted money from a veterinary hospital in order to remove negative reviews. [TechCrunch, Earlier] • A hot deal in far-off Presidio...
The SF Weekly critic takes on Sietsema's Henny Penny attitude toward web-based criticism.
Too much pork isn't always a good thing.
The search engine giant is reportedly set to buy the user-generated review site for $500 million.
The Chronicle's critic gets one rave and one pan in his Yelp debut.
New stickers proclaim "Favorite Place on Google."
After hosting a singer with a homophobic song in his catalogue, the venue faces growing wrath online.
Yelper not happy with being called out by bar online after she calls out bar online.
Yelp sponsors its own region-wide version of Dine About Town.
• With composting to be required by law in just six weeks, San Francisco restaurants are ahead of the curve; they've been doing it for years to get a break on garbage fees. [SF Chronicle] • The St. Vincent De...
Manager compares promotion to offering discount for comment cards.
The best place to work out differences is in person, not through Yelp reviews.