It's been a long, ugly process.
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts
Hillary is called a hog.
The Naked Chef reminds you that he opposed the meat filler long before you did.
The nation's second largest grocery store chain is putting the kibosh on the frightening meat additive.
• Taking a cue from California, both New York State and Maryland are currently considering bills to ban the sale of shark fins. [Grub Street NY, HuffPo] • There was a shooting last night that left one man injured near...
• A calamari crisis was narrowly averted Sunday at the Gilroy Garlic Festival when vendors appeared to have run out of the squid, only to find 1,000 extra pounds in nearby warehouses. [NBC] • Forbes Island and the Tonga Room...
Everyone needs to try harder. Especially you, Trader Joe's.
If a chain could sue a blogger in this country, there'd be a whole lot of them in jail by now.
Penn State Blocks Chick-fil-A From Imposing Its Values on Students; White Dog Cafe in Wayne Exacerbates Parking Shortages
Plus: Kuwait charges a blogger $18,000 in fines for writing a negative review of Benihana; and BJ's Wholesale Club goes up for sale, all in our morning news roundup.
Albert Huang's bao-fight at a CHinese restaurant doesn't lead to more serious charges, while a sign of the times hits Los Feliz.
Plus: grocery chains to bid on A&P, doctors in Detroit decry fast food, and more, in our morning news roundup.
• Safeway's profits drop while revenues are slightly on the rise. [Tribune] • Arizmendi, Arlequin, The Corner, and Zazie are all recognized by Young Workers United for their kind and equitable treatment of employees. [SF Examiner] • Rivoli, in Berkeley,...
A major investigation is launched into illegal produce practices.
• To understand Michelin's star rating criteria, it helps to have grown up in France. [SF Chronicle] • The owner of Palo Alto's Da Hookah Spot is being held in the slaying of his girlfriend. [SF Chronicle] • The quality...
Food that fell out of that Safeway truck that overturned on the Bay Bridge may wind up back on store shelves.
• A Castro Valley Safeway has revised its policies after getting busted for selling alcohol to minors. [Oakland Tribune] • The owner of Sheba Piano Lounge actually gets his Ethiopian ingredients from Ethiopia. [SF Chronicle] • Pennsylvania's wineries are growing...
Ralph's gets a thumbs-up for being a well-executed supermarket; Von's does not.