Demand is higher than supply.
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts
Monsanto and the Gates Foundation are big donors.
A Swedish baker finds her missing wedding ring in an unlikely spot.
Pennsylvania and New Jersey Wines Get Some Recognition; An Incurable Virus Threatens the Future of Florida Citrus Fruits
Plus more money than ever will be spent on concessions at the Super Bowl, and Michelle Obama works with Wal-Mart to reduce the price on fruit and vegetables, all in our morning news roundup.
Study: Even With Soda Tax Kids Will Be Fat; Germany Pledges Millions to Battle Child Hunger and Promote Sustainable Agriculture
Plus windowsill gardening could be a boon to fresh food-deprived urban areas, and Angelina Jolie digs Spanish food, all in our morning news roundup.
Zitner Candy Corp. Gears Up For Easter; Public-School Cafeteria Workers Union Blames Failed Health Inspections on Cleaning Supplies
Plus the Times asks readers for spaghetti taco-like food mash-ups, and a UK chef finds a perfectly round egg, all in our morning news roundup.
Newly proposed license plates honor California's agriculture.
Plus: a chocolatier that's defying the recession, and Jamie Oliver's dating site, all in our morning news roundup.
• Michael Bauer gives San Francisco school lunches a scathing review. [SF Gate] • Contra Costa County doctors resigned in protest when their professional organization allied itself with Coca Cola. [CoCo Times]...
Mother Nature Network asks its readers to nominate forty young farmers.
• Lombard Street will be done up as a life-sized version of the board game Candyland Wednesday to celebrate the game's 60th anniversary. [SF Examiner] • Marion Nestle says there is hope yet for healthy and tasty school meals. [SF...
• A Redwood City startup tracks food sources, labeling produce with stickers indicating its origin. [SF Gate] • Dates are expensive, but you can still do romantic stuff on the cheap, like meeting for a beer on a Wednesday. [SF...
• Salinas-based Tanimura & Antle Inc. has recalled romaine lettuce for a possible salmonella infection. [SF Chronicle] • Humphry Slocombe and La Copa Loca made the Chronicle's list of Bay Area ice cream shops to try. [SF Chronicle] • If...
The next wave of farmers is savvy, urbane, and progressive.
• Michael Bauer warns us about eating at unsanitary restaurants, but we still wonder how health inspections play into his own reviewing. [SF Gate] • Farmers in the Salinas valley are bulldozing acres around their crops in order to sanitize...
MacArthur Genius Award winner Cheryl Rogowski discusses sustainable farming on March 8.