• Good news for fishermen: The number of salmon returning to San Francisco Bay and swimming up the Sacramento River to spawn this year is way higher than expected. [Oakland North] • This past weekend the Chron's 49 Square Miles...
Showing 1-20 of 4632 posts
- < Prev
- Next >
Do we need to start calling them "unhappy meals?"
• Here's one more reason to avoid fast food: a study shows it's linked to depression. So should we start calling them Unhappy Meals? [Telegraph UK] • Speaking of, today Burger King launches changes a year in the making, adding...
Molotovs Crash the Cocktail Party in West Philly; How About an 'Unhappy Meal' to Go With Your Depression?
Plus: FDA passes on a BPA ban; and BK rolls out smoothies, chicken strips and more as part of its new menu lineup, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus: Sardines aren't a responsible fish choice any longer, FDA will not ban BPA, and more, in our morning news roundup.
Plus Burger King's new menu and more, all in our morning news round-up.
• What do you get when you merge organic, California-style tacos, which include ingredients such as roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli, syrup-sweetened sweet beans and apple salsa, with two-wheeled delivery? Hot Bike! [7 x 7] • If you needed any...
The even has come under fire from the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control.
• Meat processor Bridgford Foods faces six-figure penalties for violations at its Chicago plant in the Fulton Street/Randolph meatpacking-slash-fancy restaurant district; it's accused of endangering workers. [Sun-Times] • If you needed any proof about the robustness of the organic-foods market,...
Plus: Annie's organics' strong IPO, Bushwick Bar depicted in comic-strip form, and more, in our morning news roundup.
Plus: New Jersey diners discover their inner locavores; and Whole Foods pledges to stop selling fish from ecologically damaging sources, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus fake CSAs and more, all in our morning news round-up.
Also, Sous Beurre Kitchen has their own prosciutto now.
The meatless go crazy when they learn Starbucks has spiked their shakes with coloring from a beetle.
• Chicago Public Schools official Louise Essian, under fire for accepting improper gifts from school system food vendors with $75 million in contracts, has resigned. [Sun-Times] • The smiling dude on the Quaker Oats box has a name, Larry, and...
Thyroid Treatments Blamed For Philly’s Radioactive Water; Starbucks Mashes Up Beetles For Its Strawberry Frappuccinos
Plus: The Quaker Oats dude is getting a makeover; and the U.S. nixes plans to send food to North Korea, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus Anthony Bourdain's geriatric collab and more, all in our morning news round-up.
Plus: food aid to North Korea suspended over missile plans, Anthony Bourdain and Marilyn Hagerty will write a book, and more, in our morning news roundup.
• Reason to boycott some jelly beans? The Jelly Belly factory up in Fairfield is playing host to a rally and fundraising dinner today for Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum. [Vacaville Reporter] • Berkeley-based organic pasta maker Annie's made its...
From Oo-Kook to Genwa, Susan Park lists ten of KTown's best.