• Good news for fishermen: The number of salmon returning to San Francisco Bay and swimming up the Sacramento River to spawn this year is way higher than expected. [Oakland North] • This past weekend the Chron's 49 Square Miles...
Showing 1-20 of 4632 posts
- < Prev
- Next >
Do we need to start calling them "unhappy meals?"
• Here's one more reason to avoid fast food: a study shows it's linked to depression. So should we start calling them Unhappy Meals? [Telegraph UK] • Speaking of, today Burger King launches changes a year in the making, adding...
Molotovs Crash the Cocktail Party in West Philly; How About an 'Unhappy Meal' to Go With Your Depression?
Plus: FDA passes on a BPA ban; and BK rolls out smoothies, chicken strips and more as part of its new menu lineup, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus Burger King's new menu and more, all in our morning news round-up.
Plus: Sardines aren't a responsible fish choice any longer, FDA will not ban BPA, and more, in our morning news roundup.
• What do you get when you merge organic, California-style tacos, which include ingredients such as roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli, syrup-sweetened sweet beans and apple salsa, with two-wheeled delivery? Hot Bike! [7 x 7] • If you needed any...
The even has come under fire from the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control.
• Meat processor Bridgford Foods faces six-figure penalties for violations at its Chicago plant in the Fulton Street/Randolph meatpacking-slash-fancy restaurant district; it's accused of endangering workers. [Sun-Times] • If you needed any proof about the robustness of the organic-foods market,...
Plus: Annie's organics' strong IPO, Bushwick Bar depicted in comic-strip form, and more, in our morning news roundup.
Plus: New Jersey diners discover their inner locavores; and Whole Foods pledges to stop selling fish from ecologically damaging sources, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus fake CSAs and more, all in our morning news round-up.
Also, Sous Beurre Kitchen has their own prosciutto now.
The meatless go crazy when they learn Starbucks has spiked their shakes with coloring from a beetle.
• Chicago Public Schools official Louise Essian, under fire for accepting improper gifts from school system food vendors with $75 million in contracts, has resigned. [Sun-Times] • The smiling dude on the Quaker Oats box has a name, Larry, and...
Thyroid Treatments Blamed For Philly’s Radioactive Water; Starbucks Mashes Up Beetles For Its Strawberry Frappuccinos
Plus: The Quaker Oats dude is getting a makeover; and the U.S. nixes plans to send food to North Korea, all in our morning news roundup.
Plus: food aid to North Korea suspended over missile plans, Anthony Bourdain and Marilyn Hagerty will write a book, and more, in our morning news roundup.
Plus Anthony Bourdain's geriatric collab and more, all in our morning news round-up.
• Reason to boycott some jelly beans? The Jelly Belly factory up in Fairfield is playing host to a rally and fundraising dinner today for Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum. [Vacaville Reporter] • Berkeley-based organic pasta maker Annie's made its...
From Oo-Kook to Genwa, Susan Park lists ten of KTown's best.