"It's decadence on decadence... it's perfect. I think I had two or three orders."
Showing 1-20 of 700 posts
- < Prev
- Next >
• When bringing wine into a restaurant for a private party, tip $10 a bottle. [Between Meals/SF Gate] • Businesses (such as restaurants) paying into Healthy SF might get a $2,000 tax break. [SF Examiner] • Just in time for...
• Michael Bauer had just one and a half stars for food and Service (though two overall) at Medallion Steakhouse, where unsteady service and amateurish cooking make for "an uneven experience if you don't order carefully." [SF Gate]...
Chicago Gluttons takes hyperbole to its logical end: The Stay Puft Marshmallow man's testicles.
One of the last bakeries to sell extra-sour sourdough is slated to close soon.
Two new high-end taquerias are a welcome addition, but they fall short of a year-defining trend.
• Many restaurateurs plan to open in the new Jack London Square Market, but the area may not have the tourist foot traffic to be the next Ferry Building. [SF Chronicle] • Noah's Bagel's founder had several failed businesses before...
In the capital of locavorism, we import almost all our seafood.
Two local restaurant teams are expanding.
It's named after the city on the Riviera, not the one in New Jersey.
Dustin Valette tapped new chef de cuisine at the Charlie Palmer restaurant.
• Even though it's city law to do so, many San Francisco fast food restaurants (namely Burger King and Subway) don't compost their food scraps. [SF Examiner] • Russian River-area winemakers are getting ready to square off with the state...
Union says it picked the Noe Valley corner purely for the foot traffic.
• Pinch-hitting for Michael Bauer today, Carol Ness files a two-star "meh" on Oakland's Spice Monkey. "My advice is to stick with the snacks, salads and sandwiches, which arrive in generous portions, usually pretty basic but satisfying." [SF Gate]...
Late 2009 has not been a good time for several high-profile restaurants.
• Restaurant owners near Redwood City's Fox Theater worry that the theater's closing will hurt their business. [SJ Mercury News] • Supervisor Chris Daly will tend bar at a charity happy hour in his office next week. [SF Examiner] •...