I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
In New York’s video series, The Deep End, our video producer Madison Mills finds out out how hard it is to make it in New York by trying various careers she has no experience with whatsoever.
What does it take to make it as a chocolatier at one of the most famous chocolate factories in New York? I have no idea. While I’m an avid chocolate consumer, I’ve never molded, sculpted, or made any sort of artistic treat using chocolate. Regardless, I decided to find out. So I spent the day training with Jacques Torres at his chocolate factory in Brooklyn. It was pretty sweet!
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- You Need to Try Rabbit Lasagna