Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
Breakfast just might be the most interesting meal in New York right now, but New York restaurant critic Adam Platt still loves the ritual of classic eggs and bacon at iconic New York diners. His daughter Penelope, however, gravitates toward more modern morning meals. In this episode of “Trendy vs. Timeless” Penelope introduces her dad to a fruity acai bowl at the Butcher’s Daughter, while Adam extols the virtue of bacon and eggs at Waverly Diner. Which argument will be more eye-opening?
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch