Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
New York Magazine’s food critic Adam Platt has dined all over this city, but he’s never tried a rainbow black-and-white cookie. That is, until his own daughter, Penelope Platt, brought him over to the Dana’s Bakery stand located inside Dylan’s Candy bar on the Upper East Side.
According to Penelope, even though her dad has spent years honing his palate, he lacks the necessary aesthetic sense to succeed on Instagram. Luckily, she’s happy to help out. Check out the video above to see if Penelope can successfully convince her dad to open his mind to a new culinary experience, and teach him how to snap a few nice photos of it, too.
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch