The Tater-Tot Nachos at Rose’s Speak for Themselves
Rose’s is known for having one of the best burgers in Brooklyn, but that definitely does not make it a burger joint — in fact, some of the other menu items are the bar and grill’s true stars. Take, for example, the tater-tot nachos (a.k.a. “tachos”) that tick all of the essential bar-food boxes: They’re salty, spicy, and cheesy, and the homemade pickles are just what you want with a beer or a nice cocktail. Rose’s is all about community, so if you see owner Buzz Frazier in the kitchen, make sure to say hi. Watch above to see how they’re made, to learn why Grub’s own Alan Sytsma keeps going back to this neighborhood bar, and to know why they perfectly sum up the bar’s approach to food: seasonal, but sleazy.
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Cheesecake
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Sushi
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad