Bittman’s Kitchen: You Can Make This Queso Fundido in Under 13 Minutes
This appetizer manages to be delicious without requiring much work from the cook at all (cheese is really doing the heavy lifting here). With pre-grated cheese and pre-cut vegetables, this recipe comes together in seconds. Just toss everything in a pan and open a bag of chips.
Mushroom Queso Fundido
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package pre-sliced baby portobello mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
salt and pepper
12 ounces Jack, Oaxaca, or mozzarella cheese (3 cups grated)
Cilantro to garnish
1. Turn the broiler to high; put the rack 4 inches from the heat.
2. Put the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms soften, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. When the mushrooms are soft, turn off the heat, add the cheese to the skillet, and toss until the mushrooms are evenly distributed.
5. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and brown. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- You Need to Try Rabbit Lasagna