Bittman’s Kitchen: A Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
A few easy tricks make this chicken dinner lightning quick. Top these with an avocado salad, and you’ll have a healthy meal ready to go in just about 12 minutes.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons paprika
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 small red onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Several sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Turn broiler to high; put the rack 4 inches from the heat. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin cutlets.
2. Put the cutlets on a rimmed baking sheet, rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of paprika and some salt and pepper.
3. Broil, turning once if necessary, until lightly browned on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Peel and halve 2 garlic cloves, halve and pit the avocados and scoop them into a medium bowl. Chop the onion and add it to the bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes, add them to the bowl. Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and stir to combine.
5. Rub the cooked cutlets all over with the raw garlic and put them on plates or a platter. Discard what’s left of the garlic.
6. Spoon the salsa over the top of the chicken, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- We Found Your New Favorite Café
- The Best Delivery in All of New York Comes From This 4-Person Sushi Booth
- WATCH: How to Make New York’s Most Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You May Never Have to Worry About a Dirty Whisk Again
- A Coffee Expert Gets Real About Why You Should Ditch Your Keurig
- These Deliciously Avant-garde Desserts Are More Than What They Seem
- This Woman Bakes Your Favorite Pop-Culture References Into Pies
- It Looks Like a Unicorn Exploded Inside This Pastel-Colored, Unicorn-Themed Café
- This Vertical Egg Cooker Produces Sickening, Fascinating Omelets-on-a-Stick
- These Images of Fruits Before We Domesticated Them Will Blow Your Mind