Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
A few extra ingredients make this variation on a grilled cheese sandwich feel like a special treat, but it’s still no work to throw together. Thanks to the broiled and premade pesto, this lunch is ready in under ten minutes.
Broiled Turkey With Brie and Pesto
8 ounces Brie
4 tablespoons pesto
4 slices sandwich bread
4 slices turkey breast
1. Turn the broiler to high; put the rack 6 inches from the heat. Place the bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast both sides until just dry.
2. Slice the Brie into half-inch-thick slices.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each slice of bread. Assemble 4 turkey, Brie, and tomato sandwiches.
4. Return the sheet to the oven and broil until the cheese is melty and the tomato is slightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal