You’re Only 9 Minutes Away From Homemade Poke
Poke is extremely popular right now, and if you try this recipe, you’ll see why. It’s full of craveable flavors like sesame oil and soy, the daikon gives it a nice crunch, and it’s all built on top of healthy lean tuna. Most important: It’s ready in less than ten minutes, and it’s essentially a perfect lunch.
Tuna Poke With Daikon and Peanuts
Makes: 4 servings
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 to 1-1/2 pounds fresh tuna, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1/2 small daikon radish
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Put a small skillet over medium-high heat. Put the peanuts and sesame seeds in the skillet. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally until lightly toasted and fragrant.
2. Put the cut tuna in a large bowl. Peel and chop the daikon; add it to the bowl. Trim and chop the scallions; add them to the large bowl.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl and stir the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha to taste.
4. Pour the dressing over the tuna and sprinkle with the toasted peanuts and sesame seeds. Toss to combine, taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- We Found Your New Favorite Café
- The Best Delivery in All of New York Comes From This 4-Person Sushi Booth
- WATCH: How to Make New York’s Most Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You May Never Have to Worry About a Dirty Whisk Again
- A Coffee Expert Gets Real About Why You Should Ditch Your Keurig
- These Deliciously Avant-garde Desserts Are More Than What They Seem
- This Woman Bakes Your Favorite Pop-Culture References Into Pies
- It Looks Like a Unicorn Exploded Inside This Pastel-Colored, Unicorn-Themed Café
- This Vertical Egg Cooker Produces Sickening, Fascinating Omelets-on-a-Stick
- These Images of Fruits Before We Domesticated Them Will Blow Your Mind