fire damage

A Fire Broke Out at Sean Brock’s Husk in Nashville

Dates back to the 19th century. Photo: Google

On Wednesday night, an electrical fire broke out at Husk and caused so much damage that Sean Brock has closed his restaurant indefinitely. Fortunately, no one was injured, and, as the Nashville Scene notes, the kitchen and collection of antique bourbons weren’t harmed either, but the fire did spread to two rooms.

The restaurant is only three years old, but Brock opened it in a historic building “constructed into the side of a hill between 1879 and 1882,” and its “storied history includes serving as Mayor Richard Houston Dudley’s home, where he lived when elected in 1897.”

A Fire Broke Out at Sean Brock’s Husk in Nashville