These Extremely Soothing Cooking Videos Are All About Silence
Food is a sensory experience, but that’s sometimes lost in the short, quick-cut video model that’s taking over the internet these days. Lucky for us, there’s Silently Cooking, which, as its name suggests, is a series of food videos dedicated to cooking silently. Cooper Nelson, a news videographer in Albany, New York, says he launched the channel after getting fed up with typical host-centered cooking videos.
As for BuzzFeed, Nelson says he has a “love/hate relationship with those videos. They’re perfect for lighting a spark in people to cook! But, anyone can open a can of biscuits and melt cheese on them … I wanted to try something I didn’t think people really did on the web. So I told myself ‘no music beds.’ I wanted the Natural Sound to help drive the video. Something people can maybe learn a little something from, but, more importantly, something that just looked and sounded good.”
Videos courtesy Silently Cooking.
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- You Need to Try Rabbit Lasagna