Taste-Testing the New Kellogg’s Cereal Café
On July 4, Kellogg’s opened its first-ever cereal-centric restaurant in New York’s Times Square, and even though this isn’t a totally novel concept (remember Cereality?), people are excited. Part of the appeal is that Kellogg’s tapped Momofuku Milk Bar’s Christina Tosi to create $7.50 bowls of fanciful cereal, like “Pistachio & Lemon” (Special K, Frosted Flakes, pistachios, lemon zest, thyme) and “Berry Me in Green Tea” (Rice Krispies, strawberries, green-tea powder). You can also “raid the pantry” to mix and match yourself, or opt for one of the cereal sundaes, with a base of Blue Marble soft-serve.
To see what all the hype’s about — and whether the chef-driven bowls are any better than what you’d make at home, in your pajamas — New York’s chief critic, Adam Platt, and Grub’s senior editor, Sierra Tishgart, embarked on a very serious research assignment.
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- You Need to Try Rabbit Lasagna