By
The fire broke out shortly after 2 p.m.
The fire broke out shortly after 2 p.m.

The very average cheesecakes will live to see another day. Around 2 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, smoke was seen billowing ominously out of the roof of Grand Central Terminal. The source, it turned out, was a fire at the train station’s location of Junior’s Cheesecake that originated in the kitchen, according to one customer, and spread to the duct system. The city government heightened security in response to the events in Brussels, and a swarm of firefighters descended on the scene, putting out the flames by 2:27 p.m. No injuries were reported, according to the FDNY, or smoldered cheesecakes for that matter.

[DNAinfo]