close calls

Dunkin’ Donuts Customer With Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Employees’ Lives

Alarming.

Alarming.Photo: psd/flickr

An EMT technician who just so happened to be wearing a carbon monoxide detector saved the lives of the employees at a Carle Place, Long Island Dunkin' Donuts around 4 a.m. on Friday when the device's alarm went off as the technician was about to order coffee. Everyone was rushed out of the store, and authorities later found that a faulty oven vent was causing the buildup of the odorless gas, which can be fatal, into the store. [AP]

Advertising

Recent News

 
NY Mag