An unnamed 24-year-old customer's face "was on fire" at Manchester bar Lola's after a flaming sambuca cocktail reportedly exploded near her, the Manchester Evening News reports. Some customers ducked for cover while staff at the "Miami-style cocktail lounge" called an ambulance; reports suggest the woman, who suffered burns on her face and chest, was standing at the bar talking to a friend when her hair caught on fire. The bar's proprietors, in the meantime, say they've never had a dangerous incident with a flaming drink and are reviewing safety measures. But, seriously, England: Apparently not the best place to order very hot or very cold drinks. [Manchester Evening News, Related]
Most Viewed Stories
Adam Platt Ranks 6 of Our Favorite New Tasting Menus
A Diner’s ‘Antonin Scalia Is a Douche’ Brunch Sold Out in Two Hours
Milk Bar Soho Closed Over the Weekend
Michael Chernow’s New Seafood Restaurant, Seamore’s, Will Save You the Trip to Montauk
The Latest Restaurant in Trouble for Flying a Confederate Flag ... Is in California?