Japan Today reports that smoldering straw that had been used to smoke bonito was most likely the culprit in a small fire that broke out inside the Ginza building where the world-famous Sukiyabashi Jiro is located. Sushi chef Jiro Ono's minimal and masterful style was the subject of a documentary, and the three Michelin starred restaurant has since become an essential pit stop for celebrity guests. It is thought that a sushi chef returned the still-burning straw to a store room, where it later ignited and burned for an hour and a half. Thankfully, no one was hurt. A short video of the aftermath is straight ahead.
width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5PMWnW450aQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="None">