No doubt these past few weeks have seen a lot of bad news roll in from Atlantic City — Revel going into bankruptcy, 40/40 Club closing, and Sammy Hagar backing out of his beach bar there. Much worse is the fact that Margaritaville is still on for a debut this summer. And like the endless succession of waves crashing on the gambling resort’s beaches, it keeps coming. The latest: Revel CEO Kevin DeSanctis is stepping down. Still, we’re holding out hope for a change in the tide. One harbinger of calmer waters ahead is the coming of HQ Beach Club, an outdoor offshoot of troubled Revel’s HQ Nightclub. Guest of a Guest reports that the swanky, beachfront “day club and pool lounge” is opening in May. And from the sounds of what’s in store, you would never know it was part of potentially sinking ship.
• Just like HQ Nightclub, the ultra-luxe day club will bring in high profile performers. (In the past year, we’ve seen the likes of Tiesto, Beyonce, and Kanye West perform at Revel.)
• There will be an L-shaped, adult-only playground wrapping around the resort’s exterior with a triangular pool at the bottom.
• Daybeds are scattered around the pool, while individual plunge pools separate six bungalows from the main area. Bungalows are complete with HD TV screens, overhead fans, couches, and two king size tufted-white beds… what more do we need?
• Elevated from the pool level will be a DJ booth and dance floor. There will be two juxtaposing bars; the Veranda Bar and the Sunset Bar. Guests can enjoy cocktails beneath the glass raindrop chandeliers at the Veranda Bar. For those looking to escape the pool party at Veranda Bar, the Sunset Bar at the opposite end offers a more relaxed environment.
• The day club has installed Turbosound system throughout each of the bars, cabanas, bungalows and pools to ensure constant beats around the venue.
• Bottle service is available for tables, daybeds, and bungalow reservations.