Burning Popcorn Leads to ArcLight’s Evacuation

Popcorn Photo: Jencu/Flickr

The buttery scent of popcorn is basically the only comfort still left at the movie theater these days. But last night, The Arclight would know no ease, as a popcorn machine overheated and caught fire, leading to an evacuation of roughly 2,000 moviegoers and one very smoky upper level. Fortunately, one customer grabbed an extinguisher and vanquished the budding blaze, with no injuries reported, though several unfortunate souls may forever be in the dark as to the thrilling conclusion of Guilt Trip. [LAT]