With the power out in New York, the National Guard patrolling a storm ravaged Atlantic City, Long Beach Island, literally, underwater, and countless highways and roads along the eastern seaboard washed out, it looks as if Sandy spared us from her worst. And if you’re reading this, we can infer that you’ve survived Frankenstorm, didn’t lose power, and more than likely are suffering from cabin fever. We suspect you’re also in need of a drink or some other form of sustenance. Perhaps news of Pub & Kitchen opening today at noon brings some comfort. They’ll be serving a limited menu, but pouring drinks from a well-stocked bar.
• Oyster House opens at 11:30 a.m., and serving its fortifying clam chowder.
• More than 15 merchants at Reading Terminal Market will open for business starting at noon. You better believe DiNic’s is one of them.
• City Tap House will start tapping beers at 11:30 a.m.
• London Grill opens at noon.
• Out in the burbs, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is opening its Lancaster and Maple Shade locations for lunch, and West Chester, Phoenixville, and Wilmington, DE at 2 p.m. Locations in Media, and North Wales should be open by 3 p.m. There’s no word yet on when the Chestnut Hill location will open.
Keep a close watch on #OpenInPHL for more updates.