dangerous drinks

Girl’s Stomach Removed After Drinking Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail

Stick with slushies?

Stick with slushies?Photo: Danny Kim/New York Magazine

A teenage girl in England had her stomach surgically removed after she drank at least one cocktail prepared with liquid nitrogen last week. The Sun reports Gaby Scanlon's 18th birthday celebration included two "Nitro Jagermeister" at a Lancaster bar. Scanlon lost her breath and was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was diagnosed with a perforated stomach. Her friends, who were reportedly drinking the same cocktails, did not become ill, but in the meantime, Oscars Wine Bar and Bistro has removed all cocktails made with liquid nitrogen from its menu and are cooperating with a police investigation. [Sun, BBC]

Advertising

Recent News

 
NY Mag