Florida Man Dies After Completing Bug-Eating Contest

Archbold ate roaches and worms during the competition.

Archbold ate roaches and worms during the competition.Photo: iStockphoto

A Florida man named Edward Archbold collapsed and died after completing a roach- and insect-eating contest held at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in the city of Deerfield Beach last Friday. In a video taken during the contest, Archbold dons white wristbands and a headband, holding his hands over his mouth while he chews the insects. The 32-year-old competed against 30 other entrants to win the contest and its prize, a female Ivory Ball python worth $800. Ben Siegel, the store's owner and contest host, said Archbold did not seem sick before the competition began and added that "he looked like he just wanted to show off and was very nice." [AP, LiveLeak]

Advertising

Recent News

 
NY Mag