Celeb dining in New York wasn’t all pretty this week. Joe Bastianich snubbed Le Cirque’s Sirio Maccioni in his new book, then offered a masterful non-apology. Rihanna partied too hard at SNL and the Met Ball and needed an IV drip to nurse her back to health. And our favorite voluptuous Modern Family star pounded some Hostess cakes post-breakup. All this and more in our weekly roundup of celebrity dining.
• Luscious enunciator Sofia Vergara is reportedly single after splitting with longtime boyfriend Nick Loeb, and she was seen scarfing down Twinkies on Wednesday at the Einstein College of Medicine’s Annual Spirit of Achievement Awards at the Plaza. People’s source says nothing was bothering her, since she seemed fine popping the packaged treats in her mouth. Then again, maybe that’s why she was inhaling them. [People]
• Rihanna got "sick" after the Met Ball and had to receive an IV drip and penicillin the next day. Initially thought to be dehydration, it became apparent she simply had been partying too hard. [Page Six/NYP]
• Joe Bastianich, author of Restaurant Man, non-apologized to Sirio Maccioni this week about knocking Le Cirque in his book. He apologized for "being quoted out of context" in the Post. In the book, he calls Maccioni’s customers "dead or dying," and although he "doesn’t dislike" him, he writes Maccioni has always treated him "like a piece of [bleep]," says "Page Six." At least he’s sending Maccioni two copies of the book. The perfect non-apology. [Page Six/NYP]
• The Lohan romp from last week continued, as LiLo went out on a Sunday night to Soho’s Sway Lounge. D.J. Lohan took over the D.J. booth with unreleased Marilyn Manson tracks off her own iPod. After a dance-off, she tipped the bouncers $100 for their trouble. [Page Six/NYP]
• Brooke Shields was among the gaggle of New York socialites toasting the new wine book The Juice from Jay McInerney, WSJ’s wine columnist, at his Greenwich Village penthouse. A 2010 Droin Chablis Vaillons Premier Cru and Pol Roger Brut Champagne were also in attendance. [Page Six/NYP]
• The launch of Questlove’s new partnership with Graham Elliot (Cook 4 Quest) drew celebs like Aziz Ansari, David Chang, Amanda Freitag, and Michael Chiarello to the Penthouse at Mondrian Soho on Sunday night. [Grub Street]
• The 2012 Miss USA contestants ended their New York media tour Wednesday at Brother Jimmy’s, where some tweeted "bites" of the mac ‘n’ cheese and others replaced diets of water with a little sweet tea and ‘cue. [Grub Street]