Michael White has announced the launch of The Butterfly, a new restaurant at 225 W. Broadway in Tribeca, which will feature comfort food from his childhood in Wisconsin, like artichoke dip, French bread pizza, and other food that would belong in a food court if in anyone else's hands. Eater says The Butterfly will be a small venue with just seventeen tables and a bar for fourteen, and that White
could be emulating a Wisconsin supper club (see update, below) which are "typically cozy, lodge-like spaces, where people traditionally spend the whole evening — drinks and dinner, followed by some form of entertainment or after-dinner socializing." Woo-hoo(?).
Update: White's team tells us that "Butterfly is by no means a 'Wisconsin themed' Supper club. "
From Michael White's Altamarea Group:
· The Butterfly is an exciting new concept from the Altamarea Group slated to open in Summer 2012.
· Butterfly will feature a broad array of cocktails by Eben Freeman, AMG Head of Bar Operations & Innovation, complimented with a menu by Chef Michael White.
· Butterfly is a mid-century style cocktail bar with a supper club feel. Cocktails will include era appropriate classics and other innovative selections.
· A limited food menu will compliment cocktails and will focus on traditional American classics, i.e. a great steak, burger, fried chicken.
· Weekday supper specials will include Prime Rib Dinners on Wednesdays and a Friday night Fish Fry.
· Butterfly is located at 225 West Broadway at Franklin Street in Tribeca. It will be open 7 days a week from 11:30am to 1am on weekdays and 2am on weekends.
There will be 55 seats as well as additional bar seats.
**Altamarea Group is delighted to join the Tribeca neighborhood and community and is looking forward to providing guests with innovative cocktails and American cuisine.