Connecticut Lobster Industry Depressed; Why Buy Groceries When You Can Dumpster Dive?
• The effects of the worst drought in Texas history are rippling across the U.S. and abroad in terms of cotton and food prices. We told you things were bigger in Texas. [NYT]
• Following a crustacean die-off that began in 1999, there simply aren't enough lobsters to go around for Connecticut lobstermen, many of whom are seeking other work. [HuffPo]
• The Post has discovered Dumpster-diving, and to hear them tell it, the rest of us are foolish for spending money on groceries when we could dig it out of the garbage "hours later" for free. [NYP]
• Elementary school girls are skipping meals, smoking, and drinking to keep up with celebrities. See, Lindsay, you are a role model. [Daily Mail UK]
• A Daily News reporter did a ride-along with the Mexicue truck — her report will make you want to tip your food-truck operators better. [NYDN]