One of our favorite late-night joints, Pakistan Tea House, is rocking the "C," and also this: Another late-night go-to, Fatty Cue, was closed after an inspection on Monday resulted in a staggering 115 violation points. Four days later, it hasnt reopened. We asked the Fatty Crew for comment and heres their official statement: "We just couldn't think of a better way to celebrate winning Best New Brooklyn Restaurant." Ha! Truth is, wed worry about a barbecue joint that got the health departments seal of approval. For good measure, heres the official inspection report. And no none of these violations involved a dusty chandelier full of wishbones, as was the case at McSorleys recently.
Violations from 04/04/2011 Inspection
Violation points: 115
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.
1) Food from unapproved or unknown source or home canned. Reduced oxygen packaged (ROP) fish not frozen before processing; or ROP foods prepared on premises transported to another site.
2) Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.
3) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
4) Evidence of rats or live rats present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
5) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
6) Hand washing facility not provided in or near food preparation area and toilet room. Hot and cold running water at adequate pressure to enable cleanliness of employees not provided at facility. Soap and an acceptable hand-drying device not provided.
7) Refrigeration used to implement HACCP plan not equipped with an electronic system that continuously monitors time and temperature.
8) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
9) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
10) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
11) Other general violation.
Update: Reps tell us Fatty will reopen for dinner service tonight.