Má Pêche did a special beef seven ways for Thanksgiving and for Christmas Eve (from 1 p.m. till 7 p.m.), it’s doing one better by offering fish seven ways, plus potatoes, cabbage, turnip cakes, and bouche de noel, all for $95 per guest (or $40 for children under 12!). To reserve, call 212-228-0031 or e-mail email@example.com. Elsewhere in the Momofuku empire, Momofuku Ssäm Bar, in its most notable health setback since that hepatitis scare, got a C-worthy 30 demerits during a recent inspection, according to a Health Department report below that cites evidence of mice, flies, and temperature issues. As always, the restaurant gets a follow-up inspection and a chance to appeal before a grade is issued, so dine on, you crazy diamond.
Violations from 11/26/2010 Inspection
Tip! "Critical" violations are displayed in red.
Violation points: 30
Violations were cited in the following area(s).
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
4) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
6) Other general violation.