A couple of months ago, Dom DeMarco denied rumors that Di Fara was coming to La Guardia’s Delta Airlines’ Terminal D, but now a press release announces that his son, Dominick Jr., will bring a pizzeria called Tagliare to a new food court opening August 21. And that’s not even the half of it: The food court will also boast burgers from LaFrieda; a “bistro inspired by Provençal cuisine,” Bisoux, from Keith McNally’s guys Lee Hanson and Riad Nasr; and a “modern American steakhouse,” Prime Tavern, from Michael Lomonaco. But wait, that’s not all! Within the next year or so, Jason Denton (who Zagat reports is looking to open another outpost of ’ino in Williamsburg) will be doing casual Italian; Andrew Carmellini will be doing a “seafood and raw bar”; and Chris Cannon of Marea will be doing "the ultimate wine bar with 101 premium wines by the glass," plus beers from Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery. And Eater digs up some more news: Cannon’s partner Michael White will be opening the largest restaurant in the terminal, called Cotto. All of this prompts Ruth Reichl to ask, “Is La Guardia the new Las Vegas?” See Delta’s complete list of offerings below.
Full Serve Restaurants/Bars/Cafes
· Bisoux™: A bistro inspired by Provençal cuisine, the menu has been created by Chefs Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson - the dynamic duo behind New York classics Balthazar, Pastis, Schiller’s and Minetta Tavern - and features the flavors and textures of simple French country cooking. The restaurant will offer classic dishes such as French onion soup, croque monsieur, tuna niçoise and crispy duck confit. The Bisoux Market will offer the entire menu to-go in addition to traditional French gourmet offerings and selections from Cibo Express Gourmet Markets.
· World Bean™: OTG has created an authentic coffee experience with World Bean, offering unique seasonal blends from select micro-roasters that feature only fair trade beans grown in season. Customers may choose from an expansive menu of coffee and espresso beverages, as well as a wide assortment of loose leaf teas that are steeped to perfection.
· Prime Tavern: Renowned chef Michael Lomonaco, of the famous Porterhouse restaurant, developed the menu for this modern American steakhouse. Prime Tavern is an updated version of the classic restaurant with a menu that features steaks, chops, burgers, fresh salads and fish.
· Crust: Featuring thin-crust, Neapolitan-style pizzas with artisanal toppings, the individually sized pies at Crust are baked at nearly 700 degrees for the perfect crunch. Crust’s menu was developed by New York baker Jim Lahey (Co. and Sullivan St. Bakery), whose bread is famous throughout the city. Diners may choose from a list of composed pies or build their own, as well as a selection of antipasti and salads. Crust will also have a full selection of wines, beers and cocktails as well as breakfast options for morning travelers.
· wibar™: wibar is the ultimate wine bar with 101 premium wines by the glass. Customers may also enjoy tasting pours, flights, and full-bottles. The wine list, curated by New York restaurateur and wine aficionado Chris Cannon, wine visionary behind Alto, Convivio, and Marea, features a wide range of wines from all over the globe. The beer list, carefully selected by Garrett Oliver, brewmaster of the Brooklyn Brewery and author of The Brewmaster’s Table, features local favorites and hand-picked beers from around the world. A menu of small bites, cheese and meats complements the seasonal varietal wine offerings, along with a full selection of beer, spirits, and illy coffee and espresso beverages. To enhance the experience, each bar seat has a touch screen where customers may learn more about the wine offerings and pairings and even place their order.
· Minnow: Minnow is a seafood and raw bar that will serve the best selections of fresh fish and shellfish. The menu, developed by Andrew Carmellini - from the renowned Locanda Verde and author of Urban Italian – is complemented by an expansive wine and craft beer list. From raw options to chowders, salads and sandwiches, the menu celebrates the flavors and versatility of fresh fish and shellfish.
· Bar Brace™: Bar Brace is Italian road food at its best, featuring homemade panini and bruschetta with bold flavors from both classic Italian ingredients and more inventive combinations. Jason Denton, New York restaurateur (Lupa and Inoteca) and author of Simple Italian Sandwiches, composed the menu based on his extensive travels through Italy.
Cibo Express Gourmet Food Hall
A gourmet food hall will enable travelers to mix and match menu items from four quick-serve eateries, self-serve hot and cold food bars, a soup station, sundae station, bakery, gourmet market and other delicious options, to create the perfect meal:
· Tagliare™: Classic New York-style pizza composed by Dominick DeMarco is served piping hot at Tagliare. The DeMarco family - who have been operating arguably one of the best pizza joints in New York for generations, DiFara Pizza in Brooklyn - are now bringing their famous recipes to the Delta Terminal at LaGuardia.
· Pat LaFrieda Burger: OTG is working with Pat LaFrieda – one of the top meat purveyors in New York – to create a burger blend specifically for this quick serve eatery. Burgers, featuring unique and classic burger combinations, are grilled to order and served with all the fixings. Customers may also order house-made milkshakes as a perfect complement to a Pat LaFrieda burger.
· Shiso: Shiso is an Asian noodle and sandwich shop serving authentic cuisine from Vietnam, Japan and China created by Chef Jamison Blankenship (Morimoto). The quick-serve menu includes báhn mì, a popular type of Vietnamese sandwich, as well as noodles, soups and dim sum.
· Harry’s Deli™: Harry’s Deli is a true New York style Jewish deli serving traditional favorites such as Nova lox, matzo ball soup and knishes. Using the freshest meats and cheeses, sandwiches are made to order on a choice of breads and rolls, with ingredients and other offerings sourced from some of New York’s best local purveyors, including Russ & Daughters, Yonah Schimmel’s Knish Bakery and Eli Zabar.
· Cibo Express Gourmet Markets™: OTG has created the first genuine airport gourmet market, offering over 1,000 different products and beverages, all pre-packaged and on-board ready. The Markets offers something for everyone, including organics, vegan, Kosher, all-natural, no-sugar, gluten-free, heart healthy and other distinctive products. Cibo is a popular OTG brand with 34 outlets at airports throughout the country.
· Imbibe: Customers will find the perfect beverage (from infused cocktails to wines and beers) to complement their meal.