The summer is almost upon us and soon, Bostonians will begin leaving our fair city for points more oceanic: Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, the Cape. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be rounding up the new restaurants in each destination. First up, Nantucket.
• The owners of clothing store Maax hope to open Bluefish Bakery this summer in the former home of the Cromartie Gallery at 7 Easy Street. Bluefish will sell a mixture of pastries prepared in-house and sourced from other local businesses. [Nantucket Independent]
• The Green, an organic coffee shop, is now serving up breakfast and lunch, along with coffee and smoothies on West Creek Road. [Mahon About Town]
• The former Westender in Madaket will reopen as Millie’s on June 15. The owners plan “tacos with a Nantucket twist”: think striped bass with a Bartlett’s tomato relish. [Nantucket Independent]
• The Summer House will be relaunched as The Summer House Restaurant with Todd English. English’s menu will focus on relatively inexpensive Mediterranean fare. [Nantucket Magazine]
• Though Town has been open for a while now, new executive chef Thomas Walsh is introducing a new menu, complete with cassoulet and duck spring roolls. [Mahon About Town]