April 15 isn’t just the day Tribeca Grill turns twenty. It is, less happily, Tax Day. New York’s two Baja Fresh locations aren’t participating in the chain’s $2 burrito deal (booo), but you can catch a break elsewhere in town. Here’s what we’ve dug up so far — just don’t overeat, because April 16 is national Eggs Benedict Day.
• Arby’s will be handing out samples from its new $1 value menu (a roast-beef sandwich, curly fries, and Jamocha Shake) outside of select post offices. [Grub Street] Update: Arby’s has canceled the promotion.
• If you say “market price” at Exchange you’ll receive a free glass of beer or wine. [89th and Broke]
• Purchase a beverage at any Energy Kitchen location and receive a free Bison Cheesesteak Wrap, California Wrap, or Buffalo Chicken Burger. [NYC Foodie
• Alloro will give dinner guests a glass of prosecco on the house. [Grub Street]
• BLT restaurants are offering 50 percent off cocktails, beer, and wine. [Wined & Dined]
• McCormick and Schmick’s will have a menu of $10.40 specials, and will also give out vouchers for $10.40 for your return visit.