TiGeorges’ Chicken Damaged in Blaze, Reopening Soon


TiGeorges Chicken, L.A.’s principal Haitian restaurant that recently served as a community center for local Haitians, caught on fire last night. Fortunately no humans were hurt and the interior survived intact, though the restaurant’s façade, attic, and roof suffered an estimated $50,000 in damages. A call to owner George LaGuerre finds him hoping for a re-opening in “about a month.” Let’s hope the city can pull together to help TiGeorges much like the restaurant did itself in helping its homeland. [The Eastsider]