Do you and a partner have “no restaurant experience, a ton of restaurant experience, or some combination of the two?” All you need are two heartbeats and the desire to compete to attend the upcoming open calls in Philly, Boston and New York for a new Food Network competition show, which may or may not be called 24 Hour Restaurant Battle. Teams will have “just 24 hours to conquer a concept, décor, and of course the food to turn a blank space into the restaurant of their dreams. Once the doors are open, actual diners will be served and a panel of restaurant experts will judge to see which team showed the most potential for running a successful restaurant.” Winner gets seed money for a project. Interested? Read through for details.
Open call dates and times:
• Philadelphia: Friday, February 5, 10am - 3pm; Loews Hotel, 1200 Market St.
• Boston: Monday, February 8, 10am - 3pm; The Lenox Back Bay Boston, 61 Exeter St.
• New York: Friday, February 12, 10am - 3pm; Professor Thom’s, 219 2nd Ave.
Visit the website to download the application.
Have you always dreamed of running your own restaurant? Does your wife, husband, brother, sister, mother, partner or friend share that dream?
Do you make restaurant quality meals at home and want to show that you can take it to the next level? Are you a pro in the kitchen while your teammate is a star in the front of the house?
If so, keep reading for your chance to prove you have what it takes to run a restaurant AND the potential to win a case prize!!
WHERE WE’LL BE:
We will be holding open calls in Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Washington D.C. Check out our “Open Call Information” page for detailed information.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Two person teams with pre-existing relationships: Husband & wife, ex-husband & wife, father & daughter, mother & son, newlyweds, brothers, sisters, twins, cousins, best friends, etc.
The Skills to Run a Restaurant: Applicants may have no restaurant experience, a ton of restaurant experience, or some combination of the two. One member of the team will be the chef and run the kitchen and the other will run the “front of the house,” so all we ask is that you have the skills to, as a team, actually run a restaurant.
Personality that Pops: Are you and your teammate charismatic and outgoing? We’re looking for lots of energy and charm!
*Please don’t apply if you already own your own restaurant or have previously owned a restaurant.
* If you have any questions, please contact us as email@example.com
* Applicants must (a) be a US citizen or permanent legal resident with the unrestricted ability to work in the U.S. and (b) be at least 18 years of age.
* If you plan to attend an open call, you MUST download two applications (one for you, one for your partner) and bring both COMPLETED applications to the open call. You must also bring recent photos of both of you!
24 Hour Restaurant Battle [Official Site]