Barcade Goes Bump in the Night

Barcade Goes Bump in the Night

Turns out that the two-square-block chunk of Williamsburg that's home to Barcade was built on something called the Old Methodist Burying Ground. Sorry, Paranormal State fans: The bodies in the cemetery were apparently moved in 1856, whereupon the area was made into a park called Freeman’s Burying Ground, because back then people didn’t mind associating their leisure spaces with decaying corpses. [Scouting NY via Gothamist]

Advertising

Recent News

 
NY Mag