dineLA’s two-week Restaurant Week begins on Monday, with over 200 restaurants participating by offering different choices on three-course menus at great prices. The menus are broken into three pricing tiers, from deluxe dining to premier dining and finally fine dining at the most expensive level, with none of the menus over $44 at dinner, $28 at lunch. The full list of participating restaurants with their special menus is neatly organized on dineLA’s website. We’ve spent some time gazing at the different items offered on these menus and though its barely covering even the tip of the fork, we have assembled a small collection of things we’re looking forward to at some of our favorite restaurants, below.
• BLD: $26 dinner. Choices include roasted Butternut Squash and Apple “Lasagna” with Ancho Chili Parmesan Sauce; Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Arugula Walnut Pesto; and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Ice Cream, Toasted Pecans.
• Cache: $44 dinner. Choices include Wood Fired Calamari; Scottish Salmon w/ Capers, Raisins, Pine Nuts, Verjus Sauce; Butter Rum “Twinkie” w/ Coconut Cream, Passion Fruit Sorbet
• Campanile: $22 lunch/$34 dinner. Lunch choices include Bacon and Leek Tart; Market Fish with Haricots Verts, Roast Potatoes, and Salsa Verde. Dinner choices include Steamed Mussels w/ fingerling potatoes, fennel and tomato confit; Sauteed trenne: beef bolognese, peacock kale, shaved parmesan.
• Fig: $22 lunch/$34 dinner. Lunch choices include Blistered Romaine Hearts with Reggiano, White Anchovy; Torta de Lengua with Braised Tongue, Tomatillo, Breakfast Radish. Dinner choices include Steak Frites of Prime California Bavette with Shoestring Fries.
• Grace: $44 dinner. Choices include Grilled Octopus w/ Pickled Watermelon, Persian Mint; Sticky Toffee Pudding of Brûléed Bananas, Toffee Sauce, Hazelnut Gelato.
• La Casita Mexicana: $26 dinner. Choices include Red Snapper Green Ceviche Tostadas w/ poblano and serrano chiles and mexican herbs; Traditional Mole Poblano and pepianes from 46 ingredients recipe handed down by “our grandmothers;” Freshly made churros filled with caramel.
• Rivera: $22 lunch/$34 dinner. lunch choices include Serrano Ham quesadilla with Idiazabal Cheese; Fish Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa, Pickled Shallots. Dinner choices include Mussels w/ Chorizo, Aji Amarillo-Pisco Broth; Stuffed Spanish Peppers, Chorizo, Golden Rasins, Gruyere; “Estudio de flan” in three styles of flan.
• Tanzore: $22 lunch/$34 dinner. Choices include Classic Chicken Tikka; Pan Seared Mahi Mahi topped with mustard tempered coconut sauce; Fish Koliwada; Indian Spiced Apple Gallette.
• The Bazaar: $44 dinner. “The Bazaar dineLA Restaurant Week menu features an array of choices from the extensive original tapas menu,” including Philly Cheese Steaks; Croquetas de pollo; Creamy Chocolate Heart.
• The Must: $26 dinner. Choices include Elbow Mac & Cheese; Yo’ Mama’s Pan Seared Chicken; The Saucy BBQ Salmon; Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bread Pudding
• Wilshire: $28 lunch/$44 dinner. Lunch choices include Grilled Portabello Panini; Red Garnet Doughnuts; Dinner choices include Kabocha Squash Gnocchi; Five Spiced Duck Leg “Cassoulet; Shortrib Pot Pie for Two; Seared Diver Scallops.
Many, many more restaurants are offering great menus with mouth-watering dishes. To see them all and book reservations, go to dineLA’s site and enjoy trying new and favorite things over the next two weeks, L.A.!