This morning a Facebook friend’s status update warned West Villagers: “DON'T eat at Dirty Bird To Go -204 W 14th St — roach in my chicken dinner last night! Name says it all - SO VILE!!!!” Ick. We messaged the victim, and here’s the story of her ordeal: “I got half-roast chicken and just as I was almost done, it fell out - it must have crawled up into the chicken before it got rotisseried and got cooked with it. It was big, too! I am still gagging at the thought.” So did she bug out to employees? “I didn’t feel like getting dressed and going back there to bring the remains — I wanted it all out of my apartment as soon as I could get it down the trash chute. I had nightmares about it all night.” Dirty Bird does pride itself on using organic chicken — in fact at least one source considers it one of New York’s healthiest restaurants. Maybe this is just what happens when your chicken isn’t sprayed with harmful pesticides?
Most Viewed Stories
Bartender Says He Received This Patronizing ‘Economics’ Card Instead of an Actual Tip
Child-Banning Restaurant Says Business Is Better Than Ever
There’s a New Restaurant That Specializes in Potato-Chip Sandwiches
The First of the ‘Hip’ Whole Foods Spinoff Markets Will Open in Silver Lake, of Course
Check Out These Coffee Stains That Are Turned Into Lovely Art