A grease fire erupted at Community Food & Juice this morning. A cook tells the Columbia Spectator that it started on the grill: “Something was cooking, and then the fire suddenly goes up … All the time, you see fire, but that was just crazy.” The blaze raged hard enough that a dorm above the crunchy restaurant is damaged, so it looks like Morningside Heights is going to be down an outdoor café for a while.
Most Viewed Stories
Child-Banning Restaurant Says Business Is Better Than Ever
There’s a New Restaurant That Specializes in Potato-Chip Sandwiches
Here Are the 2015 Michelin Stars for New York City
Rachel McAdams Slurps Oysters at Crave; Dakota Fanning Goes to IHOP
Woman Claims Her Starbucks Came With a Near-Fatal Dose of Cleaning Solution