Brooklyn supper club A Razor, A Shiny Knife will host marathon demo and dinner events at Botanica in Red Hook on Saturday and Sunday. “Candy and Cocktails” begins at 1 p.m. each day with cooking lessons (chocolate and cocoa butter) and mixology classes led by Mayur Subbarao and Death and Co.’s Phil Ward, also of the new tequila bar, Mayahuel. Dinner starts at 7, by which time you’ll likely already be buzzed. The tab is $107 for the full day, but that’s less than $10 an hour, including a full dinner. See the menu below, and RSVP via e-mail (specify any dietary restrictions).
• Savory Course (details are inconsequential, but rest assured there will be a little salt)
• Green Tea, Maple Syrup, Steelhead Trout Roe
• Melon, Apple, Honey, Smoke
• Sage, Yoghurt, Raspberries
• Foie Gras, Gooseberries, Port
• Pretzel, Caramel, Chocolate, Espresso, Maldon Sea Salt
• Manchego, Sauterne, Brioche