St. Patrick’s Day brought top stories today on Irish customs like making food green and incorporating alcohol into recipes! See our roundup after the jump.
• Shamrock Shakes were spotted in Buffalo. [Urbanite/amNY]
• The Treats Truck is hawking sprinkled shamrock cookies, cupcakes, and rice crispy treats. [Blondie and Brownie]
• A video on dyeing beer explains how to add coloring to the mug before beer. [Serious Eats]
• Mixologist Junior Merino recommends you “shake up a Pot O' Gold using G'Vine gin (the grape-based gin), Midori, fresh lime juice, pineapple juice, simple syrup and basil leaves. Garnish with a basil leaf and (lucky!) gooseberry coins.” [Fork in the Road/VV]
•The Frankies’ new Coffee Peddlar and Vinegar Hill House bake Guinness cake in Brooklyn. [The Moment/NYT] (Vinegar Hill’s dense, bitter chocolate version smeared with cream-cheese frosting often sells out near the end of the night if you don’t reserve a slice.)
• Make a Guinness float, or add the stout to foods like fondue and teriyaki sauce. [Decider]
• We unfortunately caught Katie Lee Joel decked out like a leprechaun presenting the same idea (stew! clams! cupcakes!) for the CBS Early Show this morning. [CBS News]
What garish concoctions have you spotted today?