What might have been.Photo: Courtesy of TVT Records
Tomorrow at the Tasting Room
, playwrights Theresa Rebeck, Sam Forman, and Amy Herzog — with the help of Tony-nominated actors — will debut plays written specifically for the evening, paired with appropriate food and wine by chef Colin Alevras. Obviously goings-on in the dining room aren’t always
so highbrow. Yesterday we stopped in for an Old MacDonald’s Burger
(a.k.a. the “hearts and parts” burger) and our brunch was enriched not by thespians, but by Thurston Moore.
1. “Sugar Kane,” Sonic Youth
2. “I Know What Boys Like,” the Waitresses
3. “I Melt With You,” Modern English
4. “Rolodex Propaganda,” At the Drive-In
5. “I Wanna Be Adored,” Stone Roses
6. “On Christmas Day,” Brian Wilson
7. “While You Were Sleeping,” Elvis Perkins
8. “Ahead,” Wire
9. “Energy,” Apples in Stereo
10. “Teenage Kicks,” Busted
More information about the Eating Their Words event can be found here.