The latest issue of Vanity Fair features a profile of none other than Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, who's promoting her new cookbook, Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet. Amid all the foodie talk, Padma actually reveals quite a lot about herself. A sampling:
• On the Top Chef Emmy nomination: "[It] was a big fucking deal.”
• On life without her ex-husband, Salman Rushdie: "I'm really fucking sad."
• On her new cookbook: "Finishing the fucking book was like being in labor for two years!”
• On hosting dinner party: "I pulled this out of my ass."
• On an AIDS charity she supports: "…we’re doing a campaign and an event and you should buy a fucking table.”
• On telling the press if she had a boyfriend: "My husband would call fucking Reuters."
• On a tabloid's coverage of her bra size: "…they said it was 36C. I said, 34C, motherfucker!”
• On her current living situation: "Now I’m staying in a fucking hotel with all my shit in storage."
A Taste of Fame [VF]