It’s hard out there for a Venetian millionaire. No sooner did the Cipriani boys get the all clear from their federal tax-evasion trial than a major sexual-harassment lawsuit came down upon their heads. Just in time for your weekend reading, Grub Street has acquired a copy of the legal documents; after the jump, allegations of systematic misogyny and insidious put-downs.
For your perusal, some choice bons mots from the lawsuit:
• Women are “only good for bed.”
• Actually, scratch that: Women are “only good to take care of kids, for home, and for sex.”
• One captain would “constantly leer at [a female employee] and tell her that he ‘enjoyed Colombian girls.’”
• One woman was “crazy and lazy because her husband died three years ago and she is not getting any sex.”
• Female employees were forced to change in the male locker room.